The Power Of Digital Marketing: In Stats
Digital marketing is playing a key role in catering for customers’ needs and developing trends in their buying behaviour. As fashion grows, widening the options for all consumers, marketers need to stay relevant on the best ways to reach their customer. Here, we highlight some of the most interesting digital consumer trends for the past year.
1. It is expected that 18% of all UK retail purchases will occur online this year (Nasdaq)
2. The total average eCommerce spend per customer, over the course of the year is estimated to be £1,600 in the UK (Nasdaq)
3. 38% of people will leave a website if the layout or design is unattractive (Adobe)
4. Millennials now make 54% of their purchases online (UPS)
5. Four in ten purchases are made using only an online channel for searching and buying (UPS)
6. In 2017 almost 59% of ecommerce sales occurred via mobile (eMarketer)
7. 71% of mobile purchases are influenced by emails from the retailer (Adobe)
8. 52% of people say they’re less likely to re-engage with a brand following a bad mobile experience (Google)
9. 54% of shoppers will purchase products left in their basket, if those products are offered at a lower price (nchannel)
10. Email accounts have the biggest source of traffic to eCommerce sites after organic (SocialMediaToday)
11. 80% of consumers like it when they receive retail emails that recommend products to them based on previous purchases
12. A staggering 35% of Amazon’s revenue is generated by its recommendation engine
13. By 2020, smart personalisation engines used to recognise customer intent will enable digital businesses to increase their profits by up to 15%.(Gartner)
14. Companies that have a strategy for customer-journey management increase their return on marketing investment by 53%
What Do These Mean
The above statistics tell us that customer experience will be the key factor when consumers decide where they are going to complete a purchase. Good customer experiences drive new purchases, encourage consumer loyalty and act as free positive marketing as result of a trickle-down effect. Email marketing continues to be the dominate channel providing website visits for ecommerce platforms whilst consumers are also turning their attention to personalised marketing.
In a time where digital and marketing is evidentially thriving, we have invested a lot of time and attention in supporting our clients with their digital strategy. Please contact one of our experienced digital & marketing consultants, Jake Corroyer, Ranni Kaur or Pooya Sarfarz, for a confidential conversation regarding any assistance you might need.